- 600 g granny smith apples, quartered
- 700 g water
- 300 g apple cider vinegar
- 6 long red chillies, stalks removed, roughly chopped
- 3 bird's eye chillies, deseeded, stalks removed
- 800 g sugar
Place apples, water, vinegar, five of the long red chillies and one bird's eye chilli into mixing bowl and cook 45 min/100°C/speed 1.
Strain through muslin cloth or a nut bag into a large jug, retaining only the liquid component.
Place remaining long red chilli and remaining bird's eye chillies into a clean, dry mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add reserved liquid and sugar and cook 15 min/Varoma/speed soft withMC removed and basket on mixing bowl lid.
Cook for a further 1 hour/Varoma/speed soft with MC removed and basket on mixing bowl lid.
Pour jelly into jars and allow to set outside of the refrigerator. Once set store in the refrigerator.
This versatile jelly is an ideal edible gift for friends and family. It's great as an addition to cheese platters or in sandwiches with cold meats, cheeses or roasted vegetables. You can also use it to add spice and texture to marinades or sauces or on the side of your favourite meat. How hot this jelly is depends on the strength of your chillies, which can vary significantly depending on where they are from and when they are picked. The chilli heat of the jelly will intensify as it cooks, so taste as you go and alter to your preference. If you prefer a less sweet version, reduce the sugar content to 600g and follow recipe as above. The chilli and vinegar in this recipe create strong vapours while cooking. It is recommended that the cooking area is well-ventilated by opening a window or turning on an extraction fan.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Verena Probiotic Salad Dressing
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Vegan/Egg Free Variation No Fail, No Fuss, No Butterfly, NO Egg Mayo
- Satay Sauce
- Nanna's Lemon Butter
- Coconut Butter
- Vegan Nut Free Nutella
- Homemade Le Snack
- Kecap Manis (sweet soy sauce)
- That Thermo Woman - Small Batch Hollandaise Sauce
- Rich Tomato Sauce
- Tomato and onion relish
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Viennese whirls
- Winter vegetable soup with Asian flavours
- Lady kisses (low GI)
- Lemon Detox Bliss Balls
- German spelt bread
- Devilled Sausages (Healthy Mummy style)
- Chocolate on Chocolate Cheescake
- Easy automated yogurt - TM5
- Coconut Fingers
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Sam's Chocolate Brownies
- Michelle's Choc Chip Cookies