- 600 g granny smith apples, quartered
- 700 g water
- 300 g apple cider vinegar
- 6 long red chillies, stalks removed, roughly chopped
- 3 bird's eye chillies, deseeded, stalks removed
- 800 g sugar
Recipe is created for
Place apples, water, vinegar, five of the long red chillies and one bird's eye chilli into mixing bowl and cook 45 min/100°C/speed 1.
Strain through muslin cloth or a nut bag into a large jug, retaining only the liquid component.
Place remaining long red chilli and remaining bird's eye chillies into a clean, dry mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add reserved liquid and sugar and cook 15 min/Varoma/speed soft withMC removed and basket on mixing bowl lid.
Cook for a further 1 hour/Varoma/speed soft with MC removed and basket on mixing bowl lid.
Pour jelly into jars and allow to set outside of the refrigerator. Once set store in the refrigerator.
Accessories you need
This versatile jelly is an ideal edible gift for friends and family. It's great as an addition to cheese platters or in sandwiches with cold meats, cheeses or roasted vegetables. You can also use it to add spice and texture to marinades or sauces or on the side of your favourite meat. How hot this jelly is depends on the strength of your chillies, which can vary significantly depending on where they are from and when they are picked. The chilli heat of the jelly will intensify as it cooks, so taste as you go and alter to your preference. If you prefer a less sweet version, reduce the sugar content to 600g and follow recipe as above. The chilli and vinegar in this recipe create strong vapours while cooking. It is recommended that the cooking area is well-ventilated by opening a window or turning on an extraction fan.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Julie's Tomato Chutney
- Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- CHICKEN LARB WITH GLASS NOODLES
- Vi's Christmas Scones
- Devilled Meatloaf
- Lisa’s Butterscotch Scones
- Soft Potato Doughnuts @levi_nathania
- Marian's Version of Cut out Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Zserbo aka Gerbeaud cake (Hungarian layer cake)
- Frozen Espresso Cocktail
- THERMOMUMMA HERB & GARLIC BREAD