- 600 g granny smith apples, quartered
- 700 g water
- 300 g apple cider vinegar
- 6 long red chillies, stalks removed, roughly chopped
- 3 bird's eye chillies, deseeded, stalks removed
- 800 g sugar
Place apples, water, vinegar, five of the long red chillies and one bird's eye chilli into mixing bowl and cook 45 min/100°C/speed 1.
Strain through muslin cloth or a nut bag into a large jug, retaining only the liquid component.
Place remaining long red chilli and remaining bird's eye chillies into a clean, dry mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add reserved liquid and sugar and cook 15 min/Varoma/speed soft withMC removed and basket on mixing bowl lid.
Cook for a further 1 hour/Varoma/speed soft with MC removed and basket on mixing bowl lid.
Pour jelly into jars and allow to set outside of the refrigerator. Once set store in the refrigerator.
This versatile jelly is an ideal edible gift for friends and family. It's great as an addition to cheese platters or in sandwiches with cold meats, cheeses or roasted vegetables. You can also use it to add spice and texture to marinades or sauces or on the side of your favourite meat. How hot this jelly is depends on the strength of your chillies, which can vary significantly depending on where they are from and when they are picked. The chilli heat of the jelly will intensify as it cooks, so taste as you go and alter to your preference. If you prefer a less sweet version, reduce the sugar content to 600g and follow recipe as above. The chilli and vinegar in this recipe create strong vapours while cooking. It is recommended that the cooking area is well-ventilated by opening a window or turning on an extraction fan.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce
- Chilli Con Quesso
- Belizean Style Habanero Sauce - Hot Chilli Sauce
- Cheesy Bechamel Sauce Double Batch
- Easy Caramelised Onions
- Hot and Smooth Chilli Sauce
- Classic Satay Sauce
- Vegemite - Healthy Version
- Curry paste for Japanese Curry
- Peanut Butter
- Organic Mix Berry Chia Jam
- Egyptian Beetroot Dip
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Pad see ew
- Beef and three-vegetable puree
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Beef cobbler with polenta dumplings
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil
- Lemon Bundino ( Italian lemon pudding)
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- Hi-Fibre Bread Loaf or Rolls
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- Quick Puff Pastry
- Double choc apricot muffins
- ThermoMonts Quinoa Crackers
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce
- Crostata di Ricotta (Almond and Ricotta tart)
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto