- 2 raw egg yolks (room temp)
- 1 whole raw egg (room temp)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 70 g extra virgin olive oil* (room temp)
- 70 g coconut oil, melted**
- 1 clove garlic
- few sprigs coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp rapadura sugar (optional)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black or white pepper
Weigh and set aside 80g of olive oil, and 80g of melted coconut oil in a jug.
2. Place the garlic in the TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 9.
3. Insert the butterfly, and place the eggs, mustard, sugar, pepper and salt in the TM bowl and mix on speed 4 for 1 minute on 37 degrees. Remove the butterfly.
4. Fill the MC with water and place it upside down in its usual position. Set the timer for 3 minutes and continue to mix at speed 4.
5. Dump the oil directly on to the grey lid in one swift movement (to create a vacuum, which prevents the oil from entering too quickly).
6. Once the 3 minutes is up, add the coriander and lemon and mix for 10 seconds on speed 3.
This mayo has a fairly thin consistency, as we eat quite a bit at each sitting and hence, I've tried to reduce the oil content. For a thicker mayonnaise, simply add another 10-20g of each oil.
*If the taste is too strong, go for a milder olive oil.
**You can always opt for a good quality refined coconut oil rather than extra virgin. This will remove all traces of coconut flavour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- 2 in 1 chicken corn soup and baby food
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Basil pesto
- Creamy spiced yoghurt dressing
- Smokey Bacon Dip
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Honey Sriracha Marinade
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce