- 1000 g Crabapples, Washed & de-stalked
- 600 g water
- 400 g Sugar., Approx 80% of weight of extracted liquor
- 1 Lemon, pulp & juice
- 1 Clean muslin or CHUX, Washed until rinse water is clear
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place the cleaned fruit in the bowl, together with the water.
Mince 4 sec/ speed 7.
Add the quartered lemon and chop for a further 20 sec/speed 7. The crabapples should now be uniformly chopped and the water level at the top of the chopped fruit.
Cook for 10 min/100C/speed 2, MC off.
Line a sieve or colander with the muslin (CHUX), place it over a bowl. Pour into the colander the wet cooked pulp and allow liquid to drain overnight. Do not try to squeeze out any extra liquid as it will cause the finished jelly to be cloudy.
Next day weigh the collected liquid into the Thermi . Add the equivalent 80% weight of sugar.
Cook the syrup for 30 min/110C/speed 2. Cover with the steaming basket. Test for sweetness and add sugar if desired.
Test jelly to see if the set is OK by placing a teaspoon of jelly on a saucer and cool in the fridge for a few minutes. Touch the surface to see it wrinkles 👍. Cook for a further 20 minutes if necessary. Be cautious as the jelly can froth over if it is too thick or heated too hard.
Transfer the cooked jelly into sterilised jars and cap while hot.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Lemon Curd - Dairy Free, Paleo
- Cucumber and Dill dip
- Creamy tomato pasta sauce
- One jar Speedy Pickled Onions
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- The Sisters Tomato Relish
- Steak Spice
- Old fashioned pan juice gravy
- Zesty Hommus (with Young Living Essential Oils)
- Shrimp Paste Chilli Sauce
- Infant/toddler sweet potato and lentil casserole
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- LS Spelt Bread
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Swirl Layered Mooncake
- Lactation Cookies