- 1000 g Crabapples, Washed & de-stalked
- 600 g water
- 400 g Sugar., Approx 80% of weight of extracted liquor
- 1 Lemon, pulp & juice
- 1 Clean muslin or CHUX, Washed until rinse water is clear
1h 5minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place the cleaned fruit in the bowl, together with the water.
Mince 4 sec/ speed 7.
Add the quartered lemon and chop for a further 20 sec/speed 7. The crabapples should now be uniformly chopped and the water level at the top of the chopped fruit.
Cook for 10 min/100C/speed 2, MC off.
Line a sieve or colander with the muslin (CHUX), place it over a bowl. Pour into the colander the wet cooked pulp and allow liquid to drain overnight. Do not try to squeeze out any extra liquid as it will cause the finished jelly to be cloudy.
Next day weigh the collected liquid into the Thermi . Add the equivalent 80% weight of sugar.
Cook the syrup for 30 min/110C/speed 2. Cover with the steaming basket. Test for sweetness and add sugar if desired.
Test jelly to see if the set is OK by placing a teaspoon of jelly on a saucer and cool in the fridge for a few minutes. Touch the surface to see it wrinkles 👍. Cook for a further 20 minutes if necessary. Be cautious as the jelly can froth over if it is too thick or heated too hard.
Transfer the cooked jelly into sterilised jars and cap while hot.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caitys chutney
- Avocado Hummus
- Lisa & Walid’s Hummus
- Poppy Seed Dressing
- Mango Jam
- Chippy Tea Curry Sauce
- Caesar Salad dressing
- Tomato Sauce ala Mic
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Variation Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's)..more zing, less sugar
- One Jar Passionfruit Butter
- Keto creamy avocado and coriander lime dressing
- Choc Chunky Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Caitys chutney
- Japanese coconut buns
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Quick Gluten Free Bread Rolls
- Quick Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Mint lemonade
- Coconut & Chocolate Bliss Balls
- Baked pumpkin doughnuts with snowman icing
- Gougère puffs with salmon mousse
- Oreo Brownie (vegan)