- potato, Weigh the potato
- Milk (Any), Same amount as potatos weight
- pinch Salt.
- to taste Butter, (optional)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
POTATOS - Put the potato in the blender bit... it can be peeled or unpeeled, carefully diced beforehand or be uber lazy and just chuck it in and let the blender bit do its work.
WEIGH - the potato. Remember this weight, write it down if you really have to
TARE - the scales
ADD MILK - you want the potatos weight in milk, it can be a dash over or under if your free-pouring it
ADD BUTTER - this is optional, but about a teaspoon's worth for 100-200 grams is good
ADD SALT - Pinch to taste. Brings out the flavour.
COOK - 8 to 10 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 3.5. You need the longer cooking time to get the starches in the potato to merge and go all friendly like with the milk
When it be-dings you
BLITZ - the mixture 30 seconds, speed 8.5. This gives it the truely creamy texture.
The sauce should be thick and smooth. Pour it over steamed vegetables for a lucious dinner. I keep my steamed veggies warm sitting on top while the sauce cooks.
Grab your Thermomix
You could probably swap out the milk for non bovine milk products. So far I have cooked it successfully with lactose free, full cream and skinny milks. If anyone tries any other milks, please let me know in the comments
Disclaimer - I said 2 portions, but that really depends on your idea of a portion... I personally like to drown my food so it has a sauce-riptide on the plate that threatens to take the baby carrots away
Once it is cooked try these:
* Add cheese for a Cheesy White sauce
* Mix in cooked bacon and garlic for a divine Carbonara and ladle onto cooked pasta (add extra milk to the sauce if you do this
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Gingerbread sweet potato slice
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Peanut butter short bread
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- American Banana Bread
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting