- 8 --- apples in pieces, approx 1.4 kg quartered
- 340 g garlic
- 85 g all spice, whole
- 70 g cloves
- 70 g Peppercorns
- 85 g ground chillies
- 30 g cayenne pepper
- 40 g whole ginger
- 140 g salt
- 5 litre Brown Vinegar
- 800 g treacle
place all spices into TM bowl and grind for 10 seconds on speed 8 . Set aside and divide into 4
to peel garlic put all seperated garlic cloves into TM bowl and cover with cold water, mix for 1-2 minutes speed 3 til skins float to top.
rinse through steam basket and you may save the garlic water with skins for next stock if you wish.
some garlic skins may be naughty but easily removed at this point.
prepare in 4 batches as follows .
divide spices, apple sauce, vinegar and treacle into 4 eg approx 1200gm vinegar , 200gm treacle ,.
Place all ingredients including treacle into TM bowl and process on speed 10 for 30 seconds. Cook for 20 minutes on 100 on speed 1. put steaming basket on top to catch splashes... watch it does not over boil and if it does turn back to 90 deg for few minutes
Strain through fine seive or muslin bag (nut bag). Pulp can be used as a marinade or discard.
Pour into sterilized bottles and seal. best after 3 months and keeps for a long time... a year or so
while each batch is cooking you can be sterilizing bottles, labelling, cleaning up the kitchen or just having a cuppa with a friend!
makes a nice gift for all those Summer BBQs
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sues Sultana Cake
- Madeleines Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Asian Rhubarb and Carrot Soup
- Egg Tart
- Cod and potato chowder
- Chrissys Sultana and Bran Muffins
- Beef and Pepper Casserole
- Filipino steamed Pork Buns
- Chicken Congee Filo style
- maryannes mashed potato
- Maryannes Seafood Chowder
- wholemeal spelt bread
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Five Ingredient Thai Green Curry Recipe:
- Veg Thai green curry recipe
- Pumpkin Pie
- Salted Cashew and Coconut Slice
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Keto Ice Cream
- Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"