- 300 grams Green Mango, peeled and seeds removed
- 150 grams green apple, core removed, cut into quarters
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 10 grams Peeled ginger
- 1 birds eye chilli, optional &amp; seeds removed optional
- 100 grams dates
- 100 grams sultanas
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300 grams malt vinegar
- 100 grams water
- 300 grams brown sugar
1.) Peel the skin off your green mangoes with a potato peeler.
2. Cut the flesh away from the seed - get as much flesh off as you can without including any of the seed.
3.) Add Mango flesh, Green apple, red onion and garlic to TM bowl and chop 2 secs | speed 5, set aside.
4.) Add ginger, red chilli to bowl and chop 5 secs | Speed 6| scrape down side
5.) Add mango and apple/onion/garlic mix to TM bowl, add dates, sultantas, spices, salt, vinegar and water and cook 5 mins | varoma |sp 1 | reverse with MC cap on, then remove MC cap and cook for a further 5 mins | varoma |sp 1 | reverse.Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
6.) Add 300gms brown sugar and cook 50 mins | 100 deg | Sp soft | reverse with varoma basket sitting on top. This lets the steam out but also catches all the drips and any spitting.
7.) Cook for a further 10-20 mins | varoma | Sp 2 | reverse You should be able to tell if the chutney is ready, as it will be thick and sticky, and it will 'gel' when tested on a cold plate. Bottle in hot sterile jars. This recipe makes approximately 1 litre of chutney.
This is a rich, unctuous, sweet and spicy, sticky chutney, that is delicious with cold meats, dolloped on the side of a bbq plate, it's delicious with cheese, excellent on sandwiches and I have a dear friend who loves it so much she claims it can be eaten with a spoon! It can be blended and mixed with a little olive oil to be used as a glaze for meats or roasted vegetables and is brilliant with curries
For the 'story' beind this recipe, have a read of my blog at www.asliceofvi.blogspot.com.au - you can also follow me on Facebook //www.facebook.com/asliceofvi
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paw Paw Chutney
- Spelt Pizza with cured Salmon, avocado, cucumber and lemon drizzle sauce
- Sweet Orange Jam
- Peppery cured salmon
- Tomato Passata
- Butter cake with passionfruit cream cheese icing
- Tuna Pasta
- Mango Macadamia Smoothie
- Creamy Mango Ice Cream Bars
- Chermoula marinade
- Coriander cashew and lime pesto
- Sugar Cookies
- Teriyaki Chicken - 20 minute quick meal
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Yuzu Mayonnaise
- Graff - Macedonian Bean soup recipe
- Baked Cottage Cheese crepes
- coconut milk, for cream, see tips
- Garlic Soup
- Blue Cheese and Caper Butter
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Peanut Salad Dressing Recipes
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry: