- 500 g washed and quartered green tomatoes
- 650 g peeled and quartered onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g water
- 300 g vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground all spice
- 4 shakes cayenne pepper
- 1 tblsp mustard powder
- 220 g sugar
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 4-5 tblsp cornflour or flour (depending on desired consistency)
8Recipe is created for
1. Place tomatoes in TM and chop for 8 sec on speed 4 using spatula - transfer to a large bowl.
2. Place onions in TM and chop 8 sec on speed 4 using spatula - add to the green tomatoes and combine.
3. Spinkle salt over tomato and onion and leave covered overnight.
4. Place tomato and onion mixture into TM. Add vinegar and water.
5. Cook 13min, 100deg. Reverse + speed 2.
6. Add all remaining ingredients except cornflour or flour. Cook 20mins, 90degs. Reverse + speed 2.
7. Add cornflour or flour and mix 2min, reverse + speed 3. NB. Make a paste of the flour and a bit of water if you are worried about getting lumps.
8. Bottle, seal and lable.
My girls love this on bread w/cheese and toasted under the grill. Yum!
Hubby loves it on brussel sprouts. Enjoy!
Also, it you cook it a little longer - say extra 5 min or so - it will go a little darker and the flavour will be a little more mellow. It just depends on your own taste really.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.