- 2 small onions, peeled and halved
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 100 g apple cider vinegar, (ACV)
- 1000 g tomato, diced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 5 g himalyan salt
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 10 fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 3 drops Liquid Stevia
- cracked pepper, to taste
Place onion and garlic in tmx bowl and chop sp5/5secs. Scrape down the sides and repeat (I only usually have to do it for 2secs the 2nd time).
Add tomatoes and chop sp3.5/5 secs then sp4/10secs or until desired constency is achieved.
Add 50g ACV. Cook 40mins/varoma/sp2, MC removed and basket on lid.
Add remaining ACV, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, chilli & liquid stevia and cook for 20-25mins/varoma/sp2.
Accessories you need
Chopping tomatoes at higher than sp3.5 can cause airation and turn your tomatoes orange. If you use peeled tomatoes chop sp3.5/10secs.
If you don't want the skin left on the tomatoes score the tomatoes on the bottom and steam them and remove skins before starting.
The longer you cook the tomatoes the drier the paste and the less paste is made.
I use 4 garlic cloves when I make this recipe as our family really like garlic.
I store my paste in the freezer in 1tbsp lots so it is easy for me to use in recipes. This can be done by placing 1 tbsp drops on a tray lined with baking paper OR put into ice cubes trays. Then place in the freezer overnight and then stored in a container or snap lock bag for convenience.
This recipe has been adapted from the 'My Way of Cooking' cookbook with the help of Joanna Cook.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Passata (no onion no garlic)
- Anzac Caramel Slice
- The Best Buffalo wings with Blue Cheese Sauce
- Twix Bar (Dairy, Gluten, Egg, Refined Sugar Free, Vegan)
- Almost 'Mcvities Digestive Biscuits'
- Almost fail proof crackers (Dairy, egg, nut free)
- Jam Doughnuts
- Dairy & Egg Free Doughnuts
- Argentinean Spinach Croquettes (Gluten Free)
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls(Refined sugar free, dairy & egg free)
- Fool proof 15min Jam
- Coconut Syrup
- Dairy Free Puff Pastry