- 2 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 brown onion, quartered
- 40 g olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1 --- red capsicum, chopped roughly
- 400 g tomatoes, fresh or tinned
- 300 g tomato passata
- 30 g tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Stock Concentrate
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add garlic and onion to TMX bowl and chop 6 seconds, Speed 6.
Scrape down bowl. Add olive oil and saute 5 min, 100C, Speed 1.
Add carrot and zucchini to bowl and chop finely for 3 second, Speed 6.
Add basil, capsicum and tomatoes to bowl. Chop on speed 6 for 3 seconds.
Scrape bowl down, add remainder of ingredients. Cook with MC off and steaming basket on top to prevent splatter, 30-40 minutes, Varoma, Speed 2.
Optional: If you like a smooth sauce, once cooking has finished, puree on speed 7 until desired consistency is achieved.
Accessories you need
Great as a pizza sauce, or stirred through pasta for a quick dinner.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato and Salmon Dip
- Treens Cheese Sauce
- mykidslickthebowl.com Chocolate Hummus
- Low FODMAP Basil Spinach Pesto
- Lilli Pilli Jam
- Salmon Rilletes
- Avocado & Almond Dip
- Mongolian Sauce
- Fennel Pesto
- Cheat's Chilli Con Queso (Mexican Cheese Dip)
- Vegan Brazil Nut & Herb 'Not-Cheese'
- ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE - PASSATA
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- 'Squid Game' Stir Fry - Bulgogi Beef
- Fig and Walnut Carrot Cake with Caramilk Cream Cheese Icing
- Seafood Pie
- Slow Cooked Lamb Leg
- Cheese and Spinach Chicken Loaf
- Sweet & Sour Pork and Rice
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto
- Treens Thai Pumpkin & Kumera Soup
- Spinach and Ricotta Filo Pie
- Chorizo Fettucini with Spinach, Parmesan & Lemon Herb Butter
- Birria Tacos - TikTok Tacos