- 250 g white vinegar, (preferrably Tarragon vinegar)
- 250 g white wine
- 1 slice onion
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- Few sprigs of fresh Tarragon, (if unable to obtain Tarragon vinegar)
- 70 g vinegar reduction, (as above)
- 250 g unsalted butter, melted (no warmer than room temperature)
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice, (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Place all ingredients into mixing bowl
Remove MC (measuring cup) and cook 5 - 10 min/100C/speed 1 until liquid has reduced by half
Strain and store in an airtight sterilised jar until required
Tip: there should be enough vinegar in this recipe to make about 5 batches of Hollandaise sauce.
Melt butter, the butter should be liquid
This can be done in the Thermomix 4 - 5min/60C/speed 1 or until melted
Set aside (no need to wash mixing bowl)
Place eggs and vinegar into mixing bowl and insert Butterfly
Whisk 7 min/80C/speed 4
Leave Butterfly in place and add salt & pepper still on speed 4
Slowly pour melted butter and lemon juice onto MC so it trickles into egg mixture.
Adjust seasoning and use as required.
This recipe was lovingly brought all the way back from the French Laundry restaurant in the US by NSW Consultant Lynette MacDonald. Thanks Lynette for sharing this delicious breakfast and brunch favourite with all of our RC members!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil
- Black bean tomato soup with coriander lime cream
- Warm apple pie smoothie bowl
- Spicy cauliflower soup
- Broccoli and blue cheese soup
- Lemon curd - Louise Keats
- Steamed pistachio cheesecakes with mango
- Louise Keats Lemon tart
- Hot cross buns
- Chocolate hazelnut kisses
- Fennel, date and nut bread
- Roasted Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Italian Vegetable Risotto
- Pearl Barley with Spinach & Pork Mince
- Chicken and Leek Pie
- Nutty chickpea and sweet potato curry - kid friendly
- Fried OGG Mix (Onion Ginger Garlic)
- Creamy Fettuccini with Tuna
- Chicken tikka masala
- Prawn Stuffed Mushrooms
- Hainanese Chicken Rice (Fast & Easy)
- Super Creamy Vegan Cheese Sauce
- Red Lentil, Chickpea & Coriander Dahl (adapted from Woolworths Magazine)