- 1000 g full cream milk
- 25 g white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 sprigs herbs eg.parsley,coriander,mint, leaves only
- 200 g ricotta cheese, made previously
- 60 g natural or greek yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- to taste dried chilli flakes
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place milk into mixing bowl and heat 8 min/80 C/speed 2.
2. Add vinegar and heat 2 min 30 secs/90 C/speed 1.
3. Line simmering basket with a nut milk bag or two layers of muslin cloth and place over a large bowl. Carefully pour ricotta mixture into lined simmering basket. Set aside to drain for 5 - 10mins.
4. Transfer drained ricotta into a bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
5. Place garlic, spring onion and herbs into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula. Repeat if more chopping is required.
6. Add reserved ricotta cheese, yoghurt, salt and chilli flakes amd mix 10 sec/speed 4.5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then mix 5 sec/speed 4.5 or until cheese is incorporated.
7. Serve immediately or transfer into a sealabel container and place into refrigerator until ready to use.
Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
Use whey from ricotta cheese making in soups, bread, risottos etc instead of water.
Serve Homemade ricotta dip with crackers or vegetable crudites of choice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Satay noodle salad
- Mushroom bolognese
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- The Fast 800 Cowboy Baked Beans converted by Thermo-lish