- 1 can Chickpeas, plus 3/4 can of brine
- 100 grams tahini
- 1-2 cloves garlic, depending on taste
- 1/4 teaspoon white ground pepper, depending on taste
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt, depending on taste
- paprika, to sprinkle on top
- vegetable oil
Recipe is created for
1. Put chickpeas and brine into mixing bowl followed by tahini, garlic, pepper and juice of lemons.
2. Mix on speed 7 for 4 seconds
3. Add salt and mix on speed 5 for 4 seconds - taste
4. Add more salt if desired, then mix on speed 9 for 25 seconds
5. Place into airtight container and sprinkle paprika on top
6. Pour a thin layer of vegetable oil over top of hummus and paprika to help perserve. Place in fridge.
Accessories you need
This tastes even better after refrigeration and a day or two after making. So if making for a party/bbq, make the day before.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Banana Bread
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Satay noodle salad