- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 4 allspice berries
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 100 g sea salt, Coarse
- 1 cinnamon quill, Break in half
- 4 Rosemary sprigs, Strip leaves
- 4 thyme sprigs, Strip leaves
- Half Nutmeg
- 15 black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp sumac ground
Recipe is created for
Peel orange and lemon zest, place on a paper towel and allow to dry a little. Outside in the sun works well.
Add all ingredients (including zest) to TM Bowl and process 10 sec Speed 8 until desired texture (you want it a little coarse).
Store in glass jar in fridge for up to 6 months.
Use sparingly on poultry, meat and vegetables prior to BBQ or roasting - excellent for quail and poussin on Christmas Day!
I usually do a double quantity (therefore making approx 350ml volume in total) as it's easier to throw in a whole nutmeg rather than attempt to break one in half!
Converted from - delicious Magazine, December 2009
Your vote and comments are always appreciated!......Happy Cooking
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fluffy Coffee Whip - aka Dalgona
- Creme Fraiche TM6 Fermentation Mode
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- Creme Fraiche TM5 Automated
- Ice Cream (Parfait) “Choc Tops”
- No Knead Sourdough (FODMAP)
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake - super moist
- No Knead Ciabatta
- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Cooked Egg Mayonnaise
- Sicilian Olive Tapenade
- Variation Spinach & Ricotta Rolls
- Never try another hummus again!
- Best Ever Lemon Meringue Pie
- APPLE STREUSEL CAKE
- Passionfruit Delicious
- Simple version of Lala's Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Petite Vegan Lemon Drizzle Cake
- English Salad Cream
- Asian Style Chicken Burgers
- Strawberry Tiramisu (kids friendly, no alcohol)
- Traditional Carrot Cake