- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 4 allspice berries
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 100 g sea salt, Coarse
- 1 cinnamon quill, Break in half
- 4 Rosemary sprigs, Strip leaves
- 4 thyme sprigs, Strip leaves
- Half Nutmeg
- 15 black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp sumac ground
Recipe is created for
Peel orange and lemon zest, place on a paper towel and allow to dry a little. Outside in the sun works well.
Add all ingredients (including zest) to TM Bowl and process 10 sec Speed 8 until desired texture (you want it a little coarse).
Store in glass jar in fridge for up to 6 months.
Use sparingly on poultry, meat and vegetables prior to BBQ or roasting - excellent for quail and poussin on Christmas Day!
I usually do a double quantity (therefore making approx 350ml volume in total) as it's easier to throw in a whole nutmeg rather than attempt to break one in half!
Converted from - delicious Magazine, December 2009
Your vote and comments are always appreciated!......Happy Cooking
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LAMB RIB MARINADE
- Bruschetta spread
- Rhubarb Relish
- Easy salmon dip
- Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Dip
- Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- Tofu alfredo sauce
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Poached Quince - TM6 Slow Cook, Blade Cover Method
- Fluffy Coffee Whip - aka Dalgona
- Creme Fraiche TM6 Fermentation Mode
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- Creme Fraiche TM5 Automated
- Ice Cream (Parfait) “Choc Tops”
- No Knead Sourdough (FODMAP)
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake - super moist
- No Knead Ciabatta
- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Pecan Pie
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Favourite German mashpotato spinach cheese bake
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Lemony lentils and silverbeet soup (aka adas b hamid)
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Sourdough discard Raisin Bread
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom
- Raw Lemon Slice
- Lemon Cordial
- Devilled Chicken
- Vegetable Soup for the Soul
- All in one version of Lala's creamy garlic butter chicken recipe