- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 4 allspice berries
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 100 g sea salt, Coarse
- 1 cinnamon quill, Break in half
- 4 Rosemary sprigs, Strip leaves
- 4 thyme sprigs, Strip leaves
- Half Nutmeg
- 15 black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp sumac ground
8Recipe is created for
Peel orange and lemon zest, place on a paper towel and allow to dry a little. Outside in the sun works well.
Add all ingredients (including zest) to TM Bowl and process 10 sec Speed 8 until desired texture (you want it a little coarse).
Store in glass jar in fridge for up to 6 months.
Use sparingly on poultry, meat and vegetables prior to BBQ or roasting - excellent for quail and poussin on Christmas Day!
I usually do a double quantity (therefore making approx 350ml volume in total) as it's easier to throw in a whole nutmeg rather than attempt to break one in half!
Converted from - delicious Magazine, December 2009
Your vote and comments are always appreciated!......Happy Cooking
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hazelate (hazelnut & chocolate spread)
- Hot Chilli Jam
- Capsicum Relish
- Tuna Dip
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella) Soaking version
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- Creme Fraiche TM5 Automated
- Ice Cream (Parfait) “Choc Tops”
- No Knead Sourdough (FODMAP)
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake - super moist
- No Knead Ciabatta
- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Cooked Egg Mayonnaise
- Chia Seed Biscuits
- Chia, Prune/Date and Walnut Bites (or Balls)
- Chia, banana and chocolate muffins (egg free)
- Variation Passionfruit Curd
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Halawet El Jibn (Sweet Cheese Dessert)
- Jumbo Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- Cookie Jar Biscuits
- Fruit "roll ups"
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Sugar Free Lemonade
- Creamy Carbonara Risotto with Hidden Veg
- TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Kim's Mulberry and Chia Seed Jam