- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 --- tin of beans, choose whatever beans you like, I use either berlotti or kidney
- 1 --- tin of crushed tomatos
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onion to bowl and chop 3 sec, sp 5 & scrape down bowlAdd spices to the mixing bowl and olive oilCook 4 mins 100c counterclock] Speed 2
Add beans and tomatos and cook a further 10min, 100c, "Counter-clockwise operation" , Sp "Gentle stir setting"
Season to taste with salt and pepper
Accessories you need
Served with scrambled eggs - a great introduction to spices for kids, you can cook your own beans the day before and use fresh tomatos if you like.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Burger Sauce - Gluten Free
- Carrot Caviar
- Whey Caramel Sauce
- Vegan Butter
- KFC Style Gravy
- Coriander Pesto - Dairy Free
- Sugar-free Mixed Berry, Dates & Chia Jam
- Very Cheesey sauce
- Coriander Dressing with Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Hummus
- Could it be Gravy - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Baba Ganoush - the Best in the World!
- Jerk Spice Mix
- Jamaican sweet potato & bean curry
- Spicy Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho
- Carrot & Watercress Soup
- Easy Peasy Cauliflower Pizza Base
- Chicken miso soup
- Apple & Raspberry Jam
- Cauliflower & Broccoli Soup
- Herby Chicken & Egg Sandwich Filler
- "clean" chicken and corn soup
- Sneaky Chocolate Milkshake
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Simple sausage rolls
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Veggie Fritters
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- All Green Stock Powder
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Creamy Bacon Thyme Sauce
- Pasta with spicy tomato sauce