- 500g kumquats, chopped in half pips removed
- 250g sugar
- 2 shallots
- 50g currants
- 2 tsp ginger, i had no fresh which i think would be nicer
- 2 star anise
- 1/2cup orange juice
- 4 cardamom pod, crush and used seeds only
- 1/2 cinnamon stick, i used ground
- 50g water
1h 0minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
chop shallot 2 secs speed 6 ,scrape down add everything else and cook 10mins/120/speed .5/ rev with basket instead of mc
then lower heat to 100/speed.5/ with basket cook approx further 15mins .just keep checking i just did till thick and syrupy also skin was soft.you can add extra cooking time but do in 5min lots.
i used a t5 but you could do in the tm31
.recipe was converted from goodfood (justin north)
would be lovely with curry or cooked meats
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lchf baked cheesecake
- Lchf Swedish meatballs
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- lchf spinach bake
- zucchini & chorizo soup with haloumi
- brioche rolls masterchef
- passionfruit meringue cake (womans weekly)
- chicken bacon meatloaf with caper butter sauce
- warm lemon tart
- vegan hot cross buns
- quince paste
- lchf fish cardomon curry
- Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup Noni’s special
- Little winner chicken dinner
- Amaretti Biscuits
- Variation Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- Thai Sweet Chilli sauce
- White Chocolate Bavarian
- Banana and Date Muffins
- MEDITERRANEAN SCROLLS
- SICILIAN BRIOCHE