- 100 grams coconut oil
- 40 grams Peeled garlic
- 60 grams ginger, trim the hard bits off
- 1 teaspoons Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoons nigella seeds, (Kalaunji)
- 3 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Yellow Mustard seed powder
- 4 teaspoons tumeric, ground
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Black Salt
- 10 leaves Curry Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar, do not substitute
- 4 Strawberry Chilli, or Bangalor Whippet Tails
- 260 grams brown onions, Sliced
- 1/4 cup vinegar, ACV
- 1000 grams Tomatoes cored & 1/4ed, Green and or Red
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place Garlic and Ginger in "Closed lid" Chop Speed 5 for 10 seconds Scrape down the bowl
- Add Coconut Oil
Add Spices and Salt
Add Chilli's (I double the Chilli's so i use 8 )
Add Curry Leaves
Saute "Counter-clockwise operation" Speed 1 1/2 for 5 minutes 110oC MC on.
- Place Onions, Sugar, Tomatoes and Vinegar in "Closed lid" .
Cook "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 2 for 20 minutes 105oC place simmer basket on lid.
The ingredients need to be mixing and not just turning so this will depend on how many green tomatoes you have used. sometimes i use only green tomatoes.
- If you like your Sauce thicker you can cook a furter 10 minutes "Counter-clockwise operation" Speed 2 105oC the end result is up to you depending on how Chunky or Saucy you like it.
- Make sure when you bottle or jar your sauce that it seals, you can use the square transparent preserve covers and follow those directions for sealing your jars.
This will keep for 6 months in the fridge -** provided you only use a clean teaspoon and only have it out of the fridge to portion out and place back as soon as you have used it**-.
Accessories you need
Try to use mostly Green Tomato's and Apple Cider Vinegar
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Burger Sauce - Gluten Free
- Carrot Caviar
- Whey Caramel Sauce
- Vegan Butter
- KFC Style Gravy
- Coriander Pesto - Dairy Free
- Sugar-free Mixed Berry, Dates & Chia Jam
- Very Cheesey sauce
- Coriander Dressing with Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Hummus
- Could it be Gravy - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Honey Jumbles - old style
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Spicy Chai Latte
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- All-in-one fried Rice
- Lemongrass beef skewers with satay sauce
- Fruit Cake
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)