- 1 1/2 dry roasted peanuts, (cups)
- 6-8 dried red chillies, (seeded and soaked in warm water)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 shallots
- 2 lemon grass (white parts)
- 1 inch galangal
- 1/4 cup oil - grapeseed or other
- 3 MC water
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (ABC Kecap Manis)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar raw
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoon peanut butter (smooth)
8Recipe is created for
1. Crush Peanuts, by pressing Turbo 5-6 times, Check to see texture. Turbo further if desire a finer, smoother texture. Set aside.
2. Do not clean bowl. Blend all ingredients in Spices, 10 sec / Speed 10. Scrape down and cook for 6 min / Varoma / Speed 2. Blend together for a smoother texture.
3. Add all ingredients in Sauce together with crushed peanuts, and mix for 2.30 min / 100 deg / Speed 2, Reverse
4. Add salt/sugar to desired taste.
This is normally used as a dip for Chicken/Beef/Pork Satay. The traditional additionals include ketupat (compressed rice recipe from "A Taste of Asia" page 18, raw peeled shallots and cucumber
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick & Easy Banana Date Loaf
- Banana & Date Cake (Sugar Free)
- Orange Chiffon Cake
- Kaya (Coconut custard jam) - Thick and smooth
- 10 Minutes Authentic Clear Tom Yum Goong
- Mantau (Steamed Plain Chinese Buns)
- (Converted) Adam Liaw's Char Siu Pork Neck
- Steamed Mua Chee (Glutinous Rice Dollops with Peanut Sugar Crumbs)
- Tomato with Curry Leaves Soup
- Pane Al Cioccolato (Chocolate Chip Bun)
- Chinese New Year - Pineapple Jam Tarts
- Chinese New Year - Peanut Cookies
- Roasted capsicum & jalapeno hummus (low salt)
- Fluffiest Scones Ever
- Fermented cucumbers
- Seedy Cherry-Quinoa Energy Bars
- Fresh Sweet Corn Fritters
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Chickpea and oat crackers
- Banana, zucchini and plum bread
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Multigrain wholemeal jumbo loaf
- Variation Chinese New Year - Peanut Cookies
- Chicken and (hidden) vegetable nuggets