- 1 brown onion, med to large, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable stock paste, See BCB for recipe
- 1 pinch raw sugar
- 1-2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 250 gram cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Milk, (if cheese is quite thick)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop onions 5sec/sp7, scrape bowl and repeat. Add all other ingredients except cream cheese. Cook 10mins/100C/sp1 without the MC. Add cream cheese in bowl and combine for 20sec/sp4. Place in serving dish, cover and allow to completely cool. Serve when chilled or store in the fridge until ready to enjoy (tastes even better the day after!)
Accessories you need
This is a great dip for lunch boxes as it is quite thick. I place it in a sillicone cucake mould along with vegie sticks.
If a thinnier dip is prefered or using full fat cream cheese add a little milk when combing onion mixture and cream cheese.
This recipe is also great doubled to feed a big crowd, double all ingredients and cook for 13minutes instead of 10.
Check out my cob loaf variation of this dip - yum!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Mixie's cold brew coffee
- Mr Mixie's chilli con queso
- Tangy passion fruit slice
- Lime Coconut Pie
- Caramello Custard
- Choc-raspberry hot crossed buns
- Not-too-naughty Easter Slice
- Rice Bubble Slice - Refined Sugar Free
- Mixie's Spinach and Onion Cob
- Fruit & Veg Slurplie
- 1 Ingredient Peanut Butter
- Eatra sneaky chocolate milkshake