- 1000 gram tomatoes, cored & quartered
- 1 green apple, peeled & quartered
- 2 Red onions, peeled & quartered
- 100 gram vinegar, red wine or apple cider
- 1/2 nutmeg, whole
- 2 teaspoon Mustard seeds, ?one each yellow & black
- 2 teaspoon paprika, ?one each sweet & smokey
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves, fresh or dried
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 100 gram Coconut sugar, or other dark sugar
- 50 gram honey, or maple syrup
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place all ingredients for 'First Step' in the TM bowl and chop 5 seconds, speed 7.
Cook 40 minutes. Varoma speed 2. (use simmering basket in place of MC on lid to minimise splattering)
Add all 'Second Step' ingredients.
Cook 20 minutes. Varoma speed 2. (use simmering basket)
Replace simmering basket w MC
Blend for 1 min on speed 10.
If for cupboard storage:
Pour into sterlised glass jars with screw top lids (refrigerate once open)
If putting straight into fridge:
Can pour into thoroughly clean plastic squeezy bottle.
I haven't bought commercial tomato sauce since I've been making this. My kids love it, my husband loves it and even I, who would never usually choose to put tomato sauce on anything, love it.
(It's great on parmas too!)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sesame and Linseed Gluten free bread
- Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Chocolate zucchini cake
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)