- 150 g smoked almonds
- 500 g roasted red capsicum, (see Tips)
- 50 g sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt, to taste (optional)
- Place almonds into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 7.
- Add capsicum, vinegar and paprika and mix 10 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula. Season to taste, then mix 5 sec/speed 4. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve (see Tips).
Roasted red capsicum can be purchased in jars at the supermarket or from delicatessens. To make your own at home, roast capsicums over a gas flame, turning with tongs until blackened all over. Place into a glass bowl and cover with plastis wrap for 10 minutes or until cooled. Peel and discard skin and deseed before using.
This dip also makes a great relish for grilled meats or toasted sandwiches, and can be added to risotto or soup as a flavoursome condiment.
You can store this dip in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This recipe is from the new Entertaining with Dani Valent cookbook and recipe chip, available from The Mix Shop.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Simple Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Churros - Gluten free
- Vegan Pesto
- Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Caramel butterscotch scrolls
- Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling