- 1 slice white bread (approx. 70 g), torn into pieces
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 80 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 20 g baby pickled capers
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 3 sprigs fresh basil, leaves only
- 5 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 1 egg, hard boiled (see Tip)
- 1 lemon, zested
Place bread, vinegar and oil into mixing bowl and allow to soak for 2 minutes.
Place remaining ingredients into mixing bowl and blend 45 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and blend for a further 15 sec/speed 5. Transfer sauce into an airtight container or serve immediately.
This recipe has been provided to Thermomix by Gary Mehigan.
To hard boil the egg in your Thermomix, refer to the recipe in the Everday Cookbook.
Salsa verde is most commonly served with steak, but can be served with white fish, poultry or vegetables.
Other users also liked...
- Green Fig Marmalade with Orange
- Peach Jam
- Mustard Sauce
- Variation Peach Butter
- Spicy Pear Chutney
- Fig and Apricot Jam (fresh fruit version)
- Fig Paste
- Fathers Favourite Sauce
- Nut and seed butter
- Mixed Herb Pesto (use up your herbs!)
- Low Sugar Plum Jam or Apricot Jam
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version