- 1 slice white bread (approx. 70 g), torn into pieces
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 80 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 20 g baby pickled capers
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 3 sprigs fresh basil, leaves only
- 5 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 1 egg, hard boiled (see Tip)
- 1 lemon, zested
Place bread, vinegar and oil into mixing bowl and allow to soak for 2 minutes.
Place remaining ingredients into mixing bowl and blend 45 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and blend for a further 15 sec/speed 5. Transfer sauce into an airtight container or serve immediately.
This recipe has been provided to Thermomix by Gary Mehigan.
To hard boil the egg in your Thermomix, refer to the recipe in the Everday Cookbook.
Salsa verde is most commonly served with steak, but can be served with white fish, poultry or vegetables.
Other users also liked...
- Curried Turkey Burgers
- Smoked Paprika Butter
- Kristie's Oil Free Chicken Marinate
- Vegan Bolognese Pasta Sauce
- Tomato sausage pasta
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Beef Burgers / Sliders
- Potato and Bacon Frittata
- Cauliflower steaks with lemon coconut sauce
- Chicken Bacon Alfredo Rollups
- Fleur's Cauliflower Muffins
- Beetroot dip