- 1 slice white bread (approx. 70 g), torn into pieces
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 80 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 20 g baby pickled capers
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 3 sprigs fresh basil, leaves only
- 5 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 1 egg, hard boiled (see Tip)
- 1 lemon, zested
Place bread, vinegar and oil into mixing bowl and allow to soak for 2 minutes.
Place remaining ingredients into mixing bowl and blend 45 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and blend for a further 15 sec/speed 5. Transfer sauce into an airtight container or serve immediately.
This recipe has been provided to Thermomix by Gary Mehigan.
To hard boil the egg in your Thermomix, refer to the recipe in the Everday Cookbook.
Salsa verde is most commonly served with steak, but can be served with white fish, poultry or vegetables.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Capsicum tomato pasta sauce
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Low FODMAP Creamy Mustard & Maple Sauce
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Variation Chicken & Leek Filling
- Mums Tuna Mornay
- Choo Chee Curry (mild version)