- 1 red capsicum, halved and de-seeded
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 brown onion, small (60g), peeled and halved
- 3 Hot Red Chilli's, small, (15g)
- 450 grams tomatoes, chopped into eighths
- 120 grams apple puree, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon Baba's Curry Powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 heaped teaspoon himalayan pink salt, (15g) ground
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard, organic
- 1 tablespoon pure honey
- 70 grams apple cider vinegar
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Grill capsicum until skin is blackened then place in a plastic bag. Tie bag and leave capsicum to sweat and cool (approx 10 minutes).
Peel and chop onion and garlic, then chop tomatoes.
Once capsicum is cooled, remove from bag and peel off the skin (discard skin) and roughly chop capsicum.
Place onion garlic into TM bowl and dice 2-3 seconds on speed 4.
Add remainder of ingredients (including capsicum) into the TM bowl and dice for 3 seconds on speed 3.
Cook for 30 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1 / basket on lid.
Blend for 5 seconds on speed 5 (adjust time and speed depending on how chunky or smooth you like your sauce/relish).
***You can ignore this step if you like it chunky.
Scrape down sides of bowl and lid and cook for a further 5 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1 / MC on.
Pour into sterilised bottles and refrigerate.
This sauce is fairly mild with a nice little bite to it. Adjust the chilli amount to suit your taste and the type of chilli you are using.
Baba's curry powder can be purchased at your local Asian or Indian food store.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Chouriço Pâté (chorizo butter)
- Tobasco Sauce
- Passata Sauce
- Quick Avocado/Yoghurt Dip
- Tomato Sauce kids wont know the difference
- Almond butter
- Blue cheese sauce
- Capsicum Paste (biber salças)
- The Thermomixing Mum's Veggie Loaded Pizza and Pasta Sauce
- Sardine Paté - Portuguese Style
- Plum Sauce (Cookery the Australian Way)