- 600 grams thickened cream, chilled
- 1 litre water, chilled
- 45 grams honey
- 45 grams orange and lemon rind, (rind of approximately 3 oranges and 3 lemons)
1. Insert butterfly. Place cream into the mixing bowl and whip 1-3 min/speed 4, or until solids and liquids have seperated. Remove butterfly.
2. Using the TM basket, strain liquids from solids (reserving the buttermilk for later use if desired).
3. Place 500g water and butter solids into mixing bowl and mix 5-10 sec/speed 4. Liquids and solids should again, seperate.
4. Using the TM basket, strain liquids from solids a second time, so that only butter remains.
5. For butter that will stay fresher for longer, repeat steps 3 and 4 a second time.
6. Squeeze as much liquid out of the butter as possible.
1. Place honey, citrus rind and butter into the mixing bowl and mix 20-30 sec/speed 4 until ingredients are combined.
2. Roll into desired shape before refridgerating or freezing.
Making the butter
Flavouring the butter
Roll the butter into a sausage shape to make butter rounds, or form into a rectangular shape to store in the refridgerator or freezer.
If kept refridgerated, butter will keep for up to 2 weeks.
Reserve the buttermilk (original liquid portion of the butter) after draining in step 2 to use in scones, breads or pancakes. Buttermilk can also be frozen for later use.
Cream that is closer to its expiry date will seperate faster.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Real Deli Chicken
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Supersoft Bread
- Variation Never Fail Fluffy Bread
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce