- 550 grams Fresh red chillies, choose your own heat for this
- 1/2 cloves garlic, Of a full head of garlic I like lots of garlic so i use a lot
- 550 grams caster sugar, this is a very sweet sauce don't reduce
- 750 grams white vinegar
1h 30minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Then cook for 35 mins varoma speed 1
- The sauce needs to be clear and thick so it will need another
25 mins 100 degrees speed 1 - keeping steaming basket on top to stop splashing
Check the clarity & the consistancy sometimes it does need a few extra minutes
- When this delicious sauce is ready it will be clear with lots of seeds in it. use a funel and pour into warm sterilized bottles. I think a glass juice bottle with a wide mouth would be ideal. The bottles shown in the picture are from the Reject Shop but I found the sauce hard to get out
I pretty much put it on everything - food, cheese sandwiches its so delicious
you know it is ready when it appears clear - not milky
if you add more vinegar it will be runnier - i like a thick saude - more like a jam but either way it is the best thai sweet chilly ever!
Dont use really hot chillis - it gets so hot
Add chillie seeds and all & the peeled 1/2 head of garlic to bowl & Chop for 3 seconds- speed 9
Accessories you need
Yes this has a lot of sugar but to get it just right you need this amount
IT SHOULD LOOK CLEAR/TRANSPARENT
I'd say 1/2 a head would be a minimum
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Passata (no onion no garlic)
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Minced beef Goulash
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry