- 2 onions, peeled and halved
- 2 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 50 g olive oil
- 5 x 400 g Tinned tomatoes
- 100 g brown sugar
- 50 g balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
9Afternoon tea Brunch Dinner Lunch Snack Alcohol-free Egg free Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian Nut free Autumn Carnival Christmas Easter Father's Day Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Spring Summer Winter BBQ Buffet Everyday Gift Holiday Party Picnic Creative Easy Low budget Natural Quick Cooking Heating Preserving British & Irish Dutch Eastern European German Swiss Australian Main course Side dish Dressing Sauce Spread Vegetable dish
Place onions and mustard seeds into bowl. Chop speed 6/5 seconds.
Scrape down sides of bowl and add oil. Cook for 3 minutes/Varoma/speed 2 without MC.
Add tomatoes, brown sugar, balsamic and salt and Cook 25 minutes/110/speed 3 with simmering basket in place of MC.
Once finished, cool slightly and pour into sterilised jars. Close lids tight and turn upside down to seal.
Place in fridge to cool down
For a sugar free version - swap the brown sugar with 100gm of medjool dates. These add a yummy caramel flavour!
If you want to use fresh tomatoes, use up to 2kg, cut in halves.
This recipe can be halved for a smaller quantity too.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- thermogeek Pina Colada Sorbet
- This is it thermogeek bolognese sauce
- Thermogeek Spiced Baked Pear Sorbet
- Thermogeek Sauerkraut
- Thermogeek Supergreens Pesto
- Thermogeek Avo Whip
- Thermogeek Green Mango, Beetroot and Cabbage Salad
- Thermogeek Cacao Dream with Raspberries
- Thermogeek Cardamon Mandarin and Mango Fruity Dream
- Ultimate Green Smoothie!!!!!!
- Gluten Free Bolognese and Zucchini Pizza
- Date, Coconut and Cacao cake
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Banana Bread
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- Rice and lentils (majadra)