- 1 clove garlic
- 4 long red chillies, deseeded if you dont want heat
- 400 grams tomatoes, cherry or roma
- 200 grams Dark Brown Sugar
- 100 grams Spiced Vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place garlic and chillies into bowl and chop for 6 seconds on speed 7.
Add remaining ingredients and process for 30 seconds on speed 9.
Place basket on lid instead of MC to prevent spatter.
Cook for 45 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 2 until jam thickens to desired consistency. Depending on how much liquid is in the tomatoes it could need another 5 to 10 minutes on Varoma temp. It really does depend on the tomatoes and how thick you like your jam.
Place into a sterilised jar and cool.
Store in the fridge.
I use whatever tomatoes are cheap or cherry tomatoes from the garden when we have lots. Roma tomatoes are also delicious in this recipe.
I have used small hot chillies or long red chillies. Use how many & what type of chillies you like depending on the heat. I always leave the seeds in as we like it hot.
This jam is delicious served with a cheese platter, on hamburgers, with cold meats or on sandwiches.
It is also a lovely gift when packed in a nice jar and labelled.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hazelate (hazelnut & chocolate spread)
- Hot Chilli Jam
- Capsicum Relish
- Tuna Dip
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella) Soaking version
- Deliciously Easy Tuna Dip
- QUICK & EASY BANANA SLICE
- Quinoa & Brown Rice Crackers
- Cauliflower & Butter Bean Soup
- Asian Style Dressing with Verjuice
- Apricot & Coconut Slice
- Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- White chocolate and cranberry slice
- Satay Chicken
- Coconut Citrus Tarts
- Sticky Pineapple Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- Sour Cream Scones
- Slow-cook turmeric paste for lamb
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- 'Dorito-esk' Seasoning Shake
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Hot Chilli Jam
- Creamy Carbonara Risotto with Hidden Veg
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup