- 1 clove garlic
- 4 long red chillies, deseeded if you dont want heat
- 400 grams tomatoes, cherry or roma
- 200 grams Dark Brown Sugar
- 100 grams Spiced Vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5If you are using a Thermomix® TM6 measuring cup with your Thermomix® TM5:
For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
- 1. Place garlic and chillies into bowl and chop for 6 seconds on speed 7.
2. Add remaining ingredients and process for 30 seconds on speed 9. Scrape down bowl with spatula.
3. Place basket or splatter guard on lid instead of MC to prevent spatter.
4. Cook for 45 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 2 until jam thickens to desired consistency. Depending on how much liquid is in the tomatoes it could need another 5 to 15 minutes on Varoma temperature. It really does depend on the tomatoes and how thick you like your jam.
If doubling the recipe, I will cook for about an hour and then 15 minutes or so on varoma temp. It really depends on how juicy the tomatoes are and what consistency you want the jam. It can get much darker and more caramelised the longer it's cooked at the higher temperature.
5. Place into a sterilised jar and cool.
6. Store in the fridge.
Accessories you need
I use whatever tomatoes are cheap or cherry tomatoes from the garden when we have plenty growing. Roma tomatoes are also delicious in this recipe.
I have used small hot chillies or long red chillies. Use how many & what type of chillies you like depending on the heat. I always leave the seeds in as we like it hot.
This jam is delicious served with a cheese platter, on hamburgers, with cold meats or on sandwiches.
It is also a lovely gift when packed in a nice jar and labelled.
It also keeps well with the amount of sugar!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna Dip Easy and Delicious
- QUICK & EASY BANANA SLICE
- Quinoa & Brown Rice Crackers
- Cauliflower & Butter Bean Soup
- Asian Style Dressing with Verjuice
- Apricot & Coconut Slice
- Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- White chocolate and cranberry slice
- Satay Chicken
- Coconut Citrus Tarts
- Sticky Pineapple Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- Sour Cream Scones
- Julie's Tomato Chutney
- CHICKEN LARB WITH GLASS NOODLES
- Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- THERMOMUMMA HERB & GARLIC BREAD
- Chicken Marinade - Honey Soy Ginger
- Greek Pie
- Jimbaran BBQ Fish Sauce @levi_nathania
- Braised Chicken Drumstick
- Nans Savoury Mustard Mince
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto
- Chicken - Shrimp Shumai by @levi_nathania