- 1000 grams Ripe tomatos, quatered
- 250 gram onion, peeled and quatered
- 1 apple, cored and quatered
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1.5 tsp Mustard seeds, (I use a mix of black and yellow)
- 1.5 tsp curry powder
- 250 gram raw sugar
- 375 grams white vinegar
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place onion, garlic and apple into mixing bowl and chop 3 secs/ speed 7
2. Scrape down sides, add tomatoes and chop 5 secs/speed 5
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and place the steaming basket on lid instead of MC. Cook for 90 mins/ 100 degrees/speed 2
4. Check the consistency and then cook for another 10 mins/ 120 degrees/ speed 2 or until you achieve the desired consistency (you want it be quite thick, if it is too runny at the end of the cooking time cook for a further 10mins or until it thickens)
4.Poor into sterlised jars and seal immediately. Store in a cool, dark dry place until ready to use.
Accessories you need
*converted from a recipe by Nat Della Franca in The Pickering Cook (cook book from Pickering Brook Primary celebrating the schools centenary)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Zuchinni, rice slice
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Easy Batter