- 900 g zucchini, Sliced
- 2 onions, Sliced
- 65 g Cooking salt
- 525 g white vinegar
- 500 g sugar
- 1 teaspoons Dried Dill
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
2h 23minPreparation 2h 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Sliced zuccchini into rounds - approx 5mm thickness and dependent on your liking.
Slice Onion into rounds or to your liking approx 5mm thickenss.
Place into a bowl
Sprinkle with 65g of salt, cover with water and let it stand for 2 hours. Drain the water down the sink - leaving the zucchini and onion remaining.
Weigh in the rest of the ingredients ( not the zucchini & onions) into thermomix bowl. Set for 8 minutes , 100 degrees speed 2 with MC on
Tip the zuchinni and onion into the bowl and then set for 5 minutes, 100 degrees speed soft (spoon) and reverse.
Have jars steralised and ready to go, scoop out the zuchinni and onions and pop into jars and then fill the jars with the remaining liquid.
Makes around 3 jars dependent on size. More liquid can be made if you require more due to jar sizes. Refridgerate after making or you can also use the fowlers varcola method for a longer shelf life. ( skip the 2nd cook and process as you would normally)
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Burger Sauce - Gluten Free
- Carrot Caviar
- Whey Caramel Sauce
- Vegan Butter
- KFC Style Gravy
- Coriander Pesto - Dairy Free
- Sugar-free Mixed Berry, Dates & Chia Jam
- Very Cheesey sauce
- Coriander Dressing with Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Hummus
- Could it be Gravy - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- White Choc, Macadamia & Rasberry Blondies
- Jam drop biscuits
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)