- 1 whole cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 3 slices of bread, (or breadcrumbs pre-made in TM)
- 500 g milk
- 50 g flour
- 50 g diced butter
- 1/2 tsp salt, (optional)
- 100 g Cheddar cheese, (cut into small chunks)
- 500 g water for steaming
Preheat oven to 220c. You can put a large rectangular casserole dish in to warm up with the oven at the same timePlace bread and 40g of cheese into TM bowl and grate for 5-10 seconds, speed 6. Set aside. No need to wash TM bowlAdd 500g of water, put cauliflower pieces in Varoma, set in place and cook on Varoma temp, 20 minutes, speed 2When cooked, set varoma aside with the cauliflower still inside and lid still on to keep warm (you can sit the varoma on top of your round Thermoserver if you like) and empty water out of TM bowl (no need to wash)Add milk, flour, butter and salt if using to TM bowl, cook on 90c for 7 minutes, speed 4For the last minute of cooking time add in the remaining cheese chunks and mix at speed 7 for 10 seconds, then drop down to speed 3 until timer finishesPut cooked cauliflower in casserole dishPour cheese sauce over the topTop with cheese and breadcrumb mixtureBake on 220c for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Alternatively you can just brown the cheese and breadcrumbs under the grill until golden
Cauliflower Cheese Bake
Accessories you need
You could also do this with half cauliflower, half brocoli, or with any other veggies you like
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Peasy Spreadable Butter
- Nat's Saucy Pork Belly
- Orange & Apple Cous Cous
- Orange Salt & Pepper Rub
- Orange & Poppyseed Glazed Varoma Chicken
- My Husband's Bachelor 'Baked' Beans
- Varoma Teriyaki Style Fish & Udon Noodles with steamed veggies
- Mocha custard
- Purple Carrot & Date Muffins
- Cherry Ripe Soft Serve
- Lemony Lemon Brownies
- Marbled Orange Cream & Brazil Nut Brownies
- Banana Bread
- Edmonds Custard
- Salted Peanut-Butter Cookie Squares
- Tasty Choc Chip Party Cakes
- Creamy Caramel Custard
- Piper's Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes
- Spinach and Feta Quinoa Bites
- Variation Only THE BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!
- Madeleines Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Raita - Yoghurt salad
- South Indian Chicken Biryani
- Indian Chicken Chapli