- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 1 parsnip diced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 150 g smoked speck or smoked bacon, diced
- 1 leaf bayleaf
- 2 smoked sausages, sliced
- 2 Medium potatoes, diced
- 20 g Butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 100 g cream
- 3 sprig parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp chicken stock paste
- 900 g water
- 100 g pearl barley
1h 20minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onion, celery, carrots and leek, chop 3 sec/speed 7 set aside.
Add speck/bacon. saute 3min/Varoma/speed 1.
Return vegetable mix, add butter and oil and saute 3min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add diced potato and parsnip, 1 bayleaf, 100g of pearl barley, 2 tablespoons of Chicken Stock Paste (vegetable stock paste will work) and 900g of water. Place basket on top instead of MC. cook 60 minutes/100degrees/.
Add sliced smoked sausage and cook 5min/100degrees/.
Add 2 beaten egg yolks and 100g cream. mix 15sec/speed 3.
Serve with parsley sprinkled on top.
Optional add a small tin of beans, eg cannellini, kidney or pinto.
Option - replace parsnip with celeriac.
Accessories you need
I got my speck and smoked sausage from woolworths, in the fancy small goods section near the fruit and vegetables.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Choc Nut Slice
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Chewy Chocolate Slice
- Gherkin and Dill Dip
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Peach and Almond Dessert Cake
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one