- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 1 parsnip diced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 150 g smoked speck or smoked bacon, diced
- 1 leaf bayleaf
- 2 smoked sausages, sliced
- 2 Medium potatoes, diced
- 20 g Butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 100 g cream
- 3 sprig parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp chicken stock paste
- 900 g water
- 100 g pearl barley
1h 20minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onion, celery, carrots and leek, chop 3 sec/speed 7 set aside.
Add speck/bacon. saute 3min/Varoma/speed 1.
Return vegetable mix, add butter and oil and saute 3min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add diced potato and parsnip, 1 bayleaf, 100g of pearl barley, 2 tablespoons of Chicken Stock Paste (vegetable stock paste will work) and 900g of water. Place basket on top instead of MC. cook 60 minutes/100degrees/.
Add sliced smoked sausage and cook 5min/100degrees/.
Add 2 beaten egg yolks and 100g cream. mix 15sec/speed 3.
Serve with parsley sprinkled on top.
Optional add a small tin of beans, eg cannellini, kidney or pinto.
Option - replace parsnip with celeriac.
I got my speck and smoked sausage from woolworths, in the fancy small goods section near the fruit and vegetables.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Creamy cauliflower soup
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Raw Caramel Nut Slice
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Golden Gaytime Slice
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)