- 500 grams broccoli, roughly chopped (including the stem)
- 3 stalks spring onions, roughly chopped
- 3 teaspoons stock paste, or powder (veg or chicken stock)
- 50 grams blue cheese, strong and australian (mainland special reserve blue vein is strong, australian and cheap!)
- 650 grams boiled water
- few pinches black pepper, freshly ground
put water on to boil in a kettle.
add roughly chopped broccoli and spring onions the thermomix.
chop on speed 6 for a few seconds to break down.
add boiled water, stock and black pepper.
varoma setting, speed 3 for 8-9 mins.
add broken blue cheese.
mix on speed 2-3 to combine, then slowly up to speed 10 for approx. 10-15 secs to blend.
add salt to taste.
serve immediately as the broccoli will slowly cook and gain a less appealing shade of green.
garnish with a grind of freshly ground pepper...
it should keep in the fridge for a few days. if freezing, it may curdle when defrosted, but should heat up just fine...
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower & Wild Rice Soup
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Chicken and (hidden) vegetable nuggets
- Broccoli Puree (6 months +)
- Low carb cauliflower cheese bake
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Crunchy salad
- Quinoa and Salmon Pumpkin Salad
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice
- Crustless bacon and broccoli quiche
- Broccoli and Bacon Quiche
- Prawn & Chicken Laksa
- Broccoli and Lemon Soup topped with Goats Feta and Seeds
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup