- 1 head of garlic
- 4 broccoli stalks or 1 whole broccoli
- 1 carrot
- 2 cups of pre-soaked chickpeas, I soak overnight
- 1/4 cup of flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable stock paste
- 1 brown onion
Soak 1 cup of dried chick peas over night in 3 cups of water. This will give you roughly 2 cups of soaked chickpeas to use for your soup.
Pre heat your oven to 160c. Put the whole head of garlic on a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Add 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary to the thermomix bowl. Peel carrot and chop into 4 pieces, chop broccoli stalks or whole broccoli into roughly 4cm x 4cm pieces then chop on turbo for 4 seconds. Scrape out and set aside in a bowl.
Peel and halve the onion then chop on turbo for 3 seconds. Add half a MC of water then cook on varmoa, speed 1 for 5 minutes.
Cut the bottom off the whole head of roasted garlic and gently sqeeze out each clove of garlic.
Add pre chopped carrot, broccoli and rosemary, 700g of water, vegetable stock, chickpeas and the roasted garlic. Cook on varoma for 20 minutes, speed 1.
Add flat leaf parsley and cook for another 5 minutes, varoma, speed 1.
If you like a smooth soup blend on speed 9 for 2 minutes or you can serve as is if you prefer a chunky soup.
Accessories you need
This soup is great for boosting the immune system, it's also a great way to use up the stalks of your broccoli that often don't get eaten. My children who are 1 and 3 love this. I freeze any left overs in single serves for a quick lunch or dinner.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Velvet Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Orange Soup - Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Carrots
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Jen's Crab and Corn Chowder
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Nut free “orange” bliss balls
- Vegetarian/Chicken Lettuce Cups
- Japanese Katsu chicken curry
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- Apple & Carrot Lactation Muffins
- Fruit & Veggie Muffins (based on Super Healthy Kids recipe)
- *BEST* Chunky Carrot Cake Recipe
- Variation Vegetarian Sausage Rolls
- Paleo: Phat Si Ew
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie