- 1 brown onion, cut into halves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp unsalted butter
- 350 g brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut into halves
- 1000 g chicken stock
- 250 g chestnuts, roasted and peeled (if fresh not available, use rinsed canned whole chestnuts)
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch nutmeg, freshly grated
- 100 g thickened cream
- Few sprigs Italian parsley, chopped roughly
- Crusty Bread, to serve
8Recipe is created for
Place onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3-4 sec/speed 7.
Add oil and butter and cook 2 min/100°C/speed 1.
Add brussel sprouts and stock and cook 8 min/100°C/speed 3.
Add chestnuts, salt, pepper and nutmeg and cook 5 min/100˚C/speed 3.
Blend 1 min/speed 1, gradually increasing speed from speed 1 to speed 9. Check soup for seasoning and blend for an additional 20 seconds if a smoother consistency is required.
Add cream and cook 1 min/speed 4. Season once again to taste.
Transfer into pre-warmed bowls, garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Accessories you need
Other users also liked...
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Leek potato soup
- Sweetcorn and Potato Chowder
- Creamy pumkin soup
- Deb's tasty Cauliflower Soup
- Roasted apple and pumpkin soup
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup Noni’s special
- Velvet Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Orange Soup - Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Carrots
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)