- 1 brown onion, cut into halves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp unsalted butter
- 350 g brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut into halves
- 1000 g chicken stock
- 250 g chestnuts, roasted and peeled (if fresh not available, use rinsed canned whole chestnuts)
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch nutmeg, freshly grated
- 100 g thickened cream
- Few sprigs Italian parsley, chopped roughly
- Crusty Bread, to serve
8Recipe is created for
Place onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3-4 sec/speed 7.
Add oil and butter and cook 2 min/100°C/speed 1.
Add brussel sprouts and stock and cook 8 min/100°C/speed 3.
Add chestnuts, salt, pepper and nutmeg and cook 5 min/100˚C/speed 3.
Blend 1 min/speed 1, gradually increasing speed from speed 1 to speed 9. Check soup for seasoning and blend for an additional 20 seconds if a smoother consistency is required.
Add cream and cook 1 min/speed 4. Season once again to taste.
Transfer into pre-warmed bowls, garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Accessories you need
Other users also liked...
- Velvet Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Orange Soup - Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Carrots
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Jen's Crab and Corn Chowder
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Quick fruit sponge
- Fresh tomato tart
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops