- 40 g Red Split Lentils
- 30 g olive oil
- 2 Capsicums (Red Peppers), Stems and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 brown onion, peeled
- 400 g tomatoes, tinned or fresh
- 400 g water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable stock paste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Mill the lentil 30 seconds/Speed 10. Tip into a small bowl and reserve for later step 3 in recipe.
- Chop the peppers, garlic and onion with the oil 3 seconds/Speed 6
Sauté 5 minutes/100˚C/Speed 1.
- Add the stock, tomatoes and ground lentils.
With measuring cup in place, Cook 12 minutes/100˚C/Speed 1.
- Purée the soup 1 minute / Speed 9
Accessories you need
The red lentils can be replaced with brown or white rice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nanna's Vegetable Soup
- Curried Kumera Soup
- Smoked hock-bone soup
- Grandma's Pumpkin Soup
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- GF Pea and Ham Soup
- Rima’s Maryam Mounajed’s ChefItUp’s Lentil Soup
- 20 min Quick & Easy Leek, potato & Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin soup
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- MN Teta's Hamid Soup