- 100 grams Tasty cheese, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 bacon rashers, roughly torn into 5cm lengths
- 20 grams olive oil
- 750 grams cauliflower, including stalks and stems, chopped
- 350 grams potato, unpeeled, diced 2cm cubes
- 500 grams water
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place cheese in TM bowl and grate for 5-10 seconds on speed 8. Set aside in a small bowl.
Add onion, garlic, bacon and olive oil to the TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down walls and saute for 5 mins / 115° (or use the Varoma temp in the TM31) / speed 1.
Add potato and cauliflower (see notes below) up to the MAX line in your TM bowl. Add vegie stock paste and water. Don't worry that it doesn't look like there is enough water added as there is a lot of moisture going to be released from the vegetables. You can always add more liquid at the end, if you feel the soup is too thick.
Cook for 30 mins / 100° / / speed 1.
Puree the hot soup by slowly increasing the speed of the blades up to speed 9 for about a minute.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and add the nutmeg. Pour into a ThermoServer and serve with the grated cheese (to be sprinkled over each individual serve).
You could use any other vegetables if you don't have enough cauliflower. Why not substitute some of the cauliflower with broccoli and/or zucchini?
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Creamy cauliflower soup
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Spicy zucchini soup
- Savoury Crackers
- Spicy Capsicum and Feta Zucchetti (spiralised Zucchini "spaghetti")
- Egg Drop Soup with Shredded Chicken
- Chicken Stock Paste
- Mulligatawny Soup (Curried Chicken and Rice Soup)
- Carola's Brussels Sprout Delight
- Gulab Jamun
- Spinach and Tuna Lasagne
- Mango & Pistachio Icecream Log
- Pita Bread Pockets
- Shoarma (Shawarma)
- Carola's Mayonnaise
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Basil pesto
- Creamy spiced yoghurt dressing
- Smokey Bacon Dip
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Honey Sriracha Marinade
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Strawberry Mint Lemonade