- 2 sprigs Fresh corriander leaves
- 1 onion, small
- 1 red chilli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 spring onions
- 20 grams Butter
- 400 g green peeled prawns, tails off
- 1000 grams butternut pumpkin, you can use the skin &amp; seeds if you want to save time
- 700 grams water
- 1 tablespoon TMX veggie stock
- Cracked Pepper to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place corriander into TM bowl and chop 1 sec speed 5. Remove from bowl & set aside for later.
Add, onion, chilli, garlic & spring onions to the TM bowl & chop for 4 secs speed 5. Add the prawns & the butter & cook for 5 mins Varoma speed 1 .
Remove the prawns from the TM bowl & keep them warm in a Thermoserver leaving as much of the chilli, garlic & onion as you can in the TM bowl.
Place the pumpkin into the TM bowl & chop for 10 secs speed 7. Cover with water being careful not to go over the maximum line in your bowl. Add the stock paste and cook for 20 mins 100 degrees speed 1.
(You can add your cooked prawns before pureeing the soup or leave half out of the soup to serve on top - or serve all the prawns on top of the soup if you wish.)
Set the timer for 1min & slowly take the speed up to speed 5, then slowly take it gradually up to speed 9.
Serve with reserved prawns on top & or fresh corriander & extra fresh chilli slices if you wish.
CHARLIE'S SPICY PRAWN & PUMPKIN SOUP
Charlie got this recipe at a cooking class she went to in Vietnam & converted it to the Thermomix.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Indulgent Cream Cheese Brownies
- Charlie's Vanilla Bean Paste
- Vanilla Bean Custard- Arwen's version
- Mayonnaise Free Coleslaw - Arwen's version
- Arwen's Heavenly Hummus
- Arwen's Fresh Fruit Sorbet
- Pizza Bianca with Rosemary & Garlic
- Rosey & Arwen's Spanish Surprise Breakfast Muffins
- Buckwheat Dinner Rolls - Arwen's tweaked version
- Charlie's Creme Caramel
- Erica & Arwen's Apricot & Hazelnut Hot Cross Buns
- Charlie's Quince Jelly
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- BBQ Sauce
- Churros - Gluten free
- BEST EVER RICH CHRISTMAS CAKE
- DRIED APRICOT SLICE
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Hanne's porcupines
- Gluten Free Yo Yo's