- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 20 grams olive oil
- 1/2 level teaspoon Ginger, ground
- 420 gram Can creamed corn
- 315 gram corn kernels, fresh or 420g canned
- 600 grams water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate
- 3 fillets chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 2 level tablespoons cornflour, mixed with water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 egg whites, or whole eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 spring onion, green part only, sliced, to serve
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onion to bowl, chop 3 seconds, speed 7.
Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add olive oil and ginger, sauté 2 minutes, 100 deg, speed 1.
Add corn, creamed corn, water, sesame oil, stock paste and sliced chicken.Cook 15 minutes, 100 deg, reverse, speed 1.
In the last 2 minutes of cooking increase the reverse speed to 2 and slowly drizzle the cornflour and water mixture through the lid. Then add the egg whites by slowly drizzling through the lid or replacing the MC and pouring the egg onto the lid to dribble through.
Serve topped with spring onion.
Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
You can pour the egg on to the lid with the MC on and let it slowly drip through. I've also used the whole egg to save wasting the yolk. Just add the broken yolk after the white or whisk it first.
If you don't have fresh corn you can use a can of corn kernals instead. You can also just use two cans of creamed corn.
I use the emptied creamed corn can to measure out the water being added to make sure I get every last kernal.
I sometimes add 2 cloves of garlic with the onion and substitute fresh or crushed ginger for the powder if I have it.
Serve in small bowls with Chinese spoons for an authentic experience.
This freezes really well, just leave out the spring onion and add it after reheating. I slice the whole bunch of spring onions and freeze it in a Tupperware container, then just stir some through the hot soup before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Creamy broccoli leek and ham soup
- Beef Stew just like nans.