- 160 grams sea salt
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Onion Flakes
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1.5 tsp white pepper
- 1 Whole chicken
- 1500 grams water
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 tbsp chicken stock paste
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add all ingredients and mill 5 secs / sp 7.
Place in a jar, label and use as seasoning each time you do a roast chicken or steamed whole chicken.
Add water and stock paste to mixing bowl.
PLace whole chicken in Varoma dish, breast facing up. Rub 1 tblsp olive oil oveer the chicken, and then sprinkle 1-2 tblsp spice rub over the chook.
Steam for 60 mins / Varoma / sp2.
After 60 mins, set Varoma aside and add all other ingredients (the veg) into mixing bowl. Be sure it does not exceed the max fill line.
Place Varoma with chook back into position and cook another 10 mins / Varoma / Sp 1.
Remove chook, allow it to cool. Then strip meat from the chook and place in a container. Keep the bones.
Add the leg and wing bones back into the broth and cook another 10 minutes / Varoma / Sp 1 to continue drawing the benefits from the bones.
Add some of the cooled and chopped chicken meat back into the soup.
Serve and enjoy!
Roast Chicken Rub
Accessories you need
Use leftover chicken meat in sandwiches.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Churros - Gluten free
- DRIED APRICOT SLICE
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Hanne's porcupines
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)