- 1 Large Brown Onion, peeled, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 30 grams olive oil
- 200 grams carrots, roughly chopped
- 200 grams Celery, roughly chopped
- 850 grams water
- 2 heaped tbsp vegetable stock concentrate
- 3 chicken drumsticks, more if using Varoma as per tips.
- 200 grams Soft Singapore or Egg Noodles
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
This recipe was inspired by a mummy moment, where my kids wanted Chicken Noodles, but I wanted just a Chicken and Veg Broth Style Soup - I figured out a way to do both at once, plus was left with remaining chicken to use for sandwiches the next day!
1. Add Onion, Garlic, and Oil to Bowl and chop 3 Sec/ Speed 5
2. Saute 5 minutes 100 Deg Speed 1
3. Add Carrots and Celery, chop 3 Sec/ Speed 5 (You don't want them too finely chopped)
4. Add Water and Stock to bowl, followed by simmer basket containing the three chicken drumsticks. The water should cover the drumsticks at least half way. If not, give it a top up, being very careful to remain below the max fill line on your TM bowl.
5. Cook 40 minutes / 100 deg / Speed 1 /
6. Using spatula, remove simmer basket and place it in a 2.6L Thermoserver or bowl deep enough to fit it in.
7. Pour half the soup liquid into the simmer basket, over the drumsticks. This will strain the solids from the broth.
Variation 1 -
8. Take the simmer basket back out, and pop the noodles in the Thermoserver with the broth. Cover and rest 5 min for the noodles to cook - this is your chicken noodle soup for the kids.
Variation 2 & 3 -
9. Either use the remaining broth as a clear soup, or
10. Combine the remaining broth with the Veggies, and shred some chicken meat through it for a hearty chicken and vegetable soup.
Leftovers for lunch next day:
Keep any remaining meat from the drumsticks, for salads or sandwiches the next day!
- The '3 ways' of this recipe are the broth; the chicken noodle soup variation; and the hearty chicken veg soup variation. You can do all three to meet individual preferences, if you have fussy eaters like I do.
- I added a generous squeeze of lemon juice to the adult portions, for extra zing.
- You can steam more chicken or veggies in the Varoma, while the soup cooks. This is a great way to make a volume meal for large families, or to make your extra chicken for the next days salads/sandwiches.
- You could also add baby spinach at the end; chilli sauce - whatever your flavour preference is... this is such an easy dish to tailor to suit different palates!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Prawn & Chicken Laksa
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Chicken and Corn Noodle Soup
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Califlower soup with parmesen and bacon dust
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Blueberry Lemon Cake
- Pear & Vanilla Cake (Failsafe, Nut Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- Pina Colada Style Sorbet
- Easy Thai Fish Cakes
- Reuben Dip
- Mango, Avocado & Coconut Ice Cream - Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- No Bake Lasagne 'In the Bowl'
- Yakiudon Noodles
- Probiotic Oat Smoothie
- Vegetarian Lentil Sausage Rolls
- Atlantic Lime Pie
- Vanilla Tapioca Custard (Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Corn Free)
- Chicken Paella
- Lamb Saag Curry (FODMAP friendly)
- Apple, Pear and Strawberry Purée - ThermieBub
- Strawberry and Banana Purée - ThermieBub
- Carrot and Zucchini Purée - ThermieBub
- Pumpkin Purée - ThermieBub
- Mango mousse
- Quinoa and Salmon Pumpkin Salad
- Glucose Syrup
- Ice peach tea syrup
- Seitan (vegan mock meat) with crumb mix and gravy
- vegan mac and cheese (veganhuggs)