- 600 grams chicken tenderloins
- 300 grams carrots, diced
- 250 grams Celery, diced
- 1 large onion, halved
- 30 grams olive oil
- 410 gram tin diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Vegetable stock paste
- 50 grams tomato paste
- 1 tsp Thyme, dried
- 1 tsp Majoram, dried
- 60 grams pearl barley
- 900 grams water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place diced carrot & celery into bottom of varoma and ensuring a good opening is made in the middle to allow for steam circulation.
Place varoma tray into position and place chicken tenderloins onto tray, allowing space for steam to circulate.
Set varoma aside.
Place onion and olive into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec sp 5.
Scrape down sides of bowl well.
Saute 3 mins 120 deg sp 1.
Add remaining soup ingredients into mixing bowl.
Place varoma into positiong and cook 40 minutes, Varoma, sp 1. Check chicken to ensure it is cooked through. Extend cooking time by 5 minutes if necessary.
Sit varoma tray onto varoma lid and set aside.
Pour carrots and celery into Thermoserver.
Gently pour tomato soup mixture over the cooked vegetables, using the spatula to break the splashing.
Place chicken into mixing bowl and shred for 3 sec sp 4.
Pour shredded chicken into Thermoserver and mix into soup mixture thoroughly. Check season and adjust to taste.
Use chicken thighs or chicken drumstick meat as an alternative to tenderloins.
Great with bread rolls.
Can use extra vegetables or change vegetables to your personal perference.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Nigella Lawson's Lemon Tendercake
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth
- Creamy Fettuccini with Tuna
- Chocolate Cake
- Peanut Butter Gems
- Jersey Caramel Cheesecake
- Creamy Risoni Bake
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Parmesan
- Banana, Pineapple and Macadamia Cake
- Smoked Salmon Fettucinni
- Macaroni Cheese Bake
- Chocolate Custard Mousse
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Bacon & Cheese Rolls
- Zopf (Swiss Milk Bread)
- Apple-Cinnamon Choc Chip Muffin
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing