- 1 onion, Cut in half
- 5 grams parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, Peeled
- 100 grams bacon, Diced
- 500 grams chicken thigh or breast, Cut into strips
- 20 grams olive oil
- 2 heaped tablespoons Vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 parsnip, Cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 carrot, Cut into 2cm pieces
- 100 grams Celery, Chopped
- 2 Small Potatoes, Cut into 2 cm pieces
- 100 grams pumpkin, Cut into 2 cm pieces
- 100 grams pearl barley
- 650 grams water
- 1 teaspoon salt, To taste
- 1-1.5 teaspoon pepper, To taste
- 1 Red chilli diced, Optional
1h 19minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion, garlic and parsley in bowl and chop 6 sec /speed 8 scrape down bowl with spatula
Add oil, bacon and chicken and sautee 9 mins/100//speed 1 scrape down bowl with spatula
Add the remaining ingredients 30 mins/90// and using simmering basket on lid instead of measuring cup
Stir and cook for a further 30 mins/90// with simmering basket on lid instead of measuring cup
This can be made the previous day as all the flavours will have more time to infuse.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Light rye bread
- No Bake Fudge Brownie - Paleo, GF, Sugar Free, Grain Free
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Raw Kebbe
- Halawet El Jibn (Sweet Cheese Dessert)
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Jumbo Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- Cookie Jar Biscuits