- 250 g Frozen baby peas, (Save a few for garnish)
- 150 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and halved
- 60 g Iceburg lettuce, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 1000 g water
- 60 g crème fraiche
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, about 2 strips cut with a vegetable peeler
- 50 g raw sugar
- 1 bunch mint leaves, about 1 cup loosely packed
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Place all ingredients except creme fraiche into TM bowl.
Cook for 20 minutes, Varoma , speed 2 or until potatoes are cooked.
Add creme fraiche and blend for 1 minute on speed 9 gradually increasing speed to avoid splashing of hot liquid.
Allow to cool then refrigerate.
Place lemon zest, sugar and mint leaves into TM bowl and mill for 10 seconds, speed 10.
Add egg white, lemon juice and 300g ice cubes.
Blend for 60 seconds, speed 9.
Transfer mixture to a freezer safe container an place in freezer. (Granita can be scooped into balls at this stage before storing in freezer).
When ready to serve, ladle chilled soup into bowls, add a scoup of the mint granita and garnish with reserved peas and some mint leaves.
Accessories you need
This soup is delicious served hot as well.
The granita makes a refreshing palete cleanser when served alone in shot glasses
Leftover granita makes awesome mojitos.....just add white rum !!
For vegan option, omit creme fraiche and egg whites from recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Asian Salmon with Bok Choy
- Paleo Hummingbird Cake
- Calamari & Scallop Laksa
- Prawn & Scallop Sausage with Tomato Reduction
- Chilli Lime Jam
- Creamy Chocolate Raspberry Parfait - Paleo
- Orange and Lemon Biscotti with Pistachio and Almond
- Paleo Raw Chocolate Bark
- Lemon Scented Coconut Almond Macaroons