- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 onion, peeled & quartered
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 30 g TM butter
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed, roughly cut
- 1 apple, quartered
- 750 g water
- 1-2 tbsp TM Vegetable stock paste, to taste
- 250 g Milk
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- sprigs fennel leaves, to garnish
Recipe is created for
1. Place fennel seeds into TM bowl, dry roast 5 minutes Varoma temperature speed soft, grind 1 minute speed 9, remove and set aside.
2. Place onion and garlic into TM bowl, chop 2-3 seconds speed 7, scrape down, add butter and saute 5 minutes Varoma temperature, speed soft.
3. Add apple and chopped fennel bulbs and chop 5 seconds speed 5.
4. Add water, TM Vegetable Stock Paste and pepper to taste and cook 20-25 minutes 100 deg speed 2, or until tender.
5. Add ground fennel seeds and blend by very gradually increasing the speed to 9 for 1 minute.
6. Add milk and reheat by cooking for 2 minutes 90 deg speed 2.
7. Serve garnished with fresh fennel sprigs.
1. Chicken stock can be substituted for the water and TM Vegetable stock Paste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Vegetarian Minestone
- DATE DOUGHNUTS with Spiced Sugar
- TZATZIKI (Yoghurt Cucumber Dip)
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Rice
- Roast Garlic & Butternut Pumpkin 'Hummus'
- GARLIC & PARSLEY RISOTTO
- Curried Parsnip Pie
- Stir Fried Parsnips
- Parsnip Potato Bake
- Tasty Parsnip Mash
- BRUSSELS SPROUT 'CAKE'
- Brussel Sprouts in 7 Spice Broth
- BRUSSELS SPROUTS SAFFRON RISOTTO
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chai frappe with Irish cream
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Hanne's porcupines
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Lemon sprinkle cookies
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Chilli Glaze