- 50 g Butter, or oil
- 100 g onion, peeled and halved
- 400 g celeriac, peeled and chopped into large pieces
- 400 g parsnip or carrot or a mixture, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 900 g chicken stock or veggie stock
- 40 g raw cashews
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onion and butter. Chop 4 sec/speed 5. Scrape the sides of the bowl and then cook 3 min/100 °C/Speed 1.
- Add rough chopped parsnip and celeriac to TM bowl, chop 7 sec/speed 7. Add stock or stock concentrate and water. Cook 20 min/100˚C/Speed 1
- Add cashews and then Blend 1min on Speed 9 , by gradually going from Speed 4 to 9.
- Season to taste and serve.
If making celeriac and parsnip soup chicken stock works best in retaining the white colour.
Parsnip can be replaced with a mix of carrot and white potatoes and it is also delicious.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Creamy cauliflower soup
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Spicy zucchini soup
- Pumpkin Soup
- Get Moreish Chicken and Corn Soup
- Smokey Bacon Dip
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Lemonade Scones
- Honey Sriracha Prawns
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- onion sauce