- 2 - 3 cloves garlic
- 1 - 2 centimetres Ginger Root, Peeled
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 60 - 75 grams coconut oil
- 600 grams Red and/or Orange Kumara, cubed
- 330 grams water
- 2 teaspoons Rapunzel vegetable stock powder
- 500 grams Coconut Milk and or Rice Milk
- 50 - 100 grams coconut cream, Optional
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
1. Put garlic and ginger into TM Bowl. Chop 2-3 secs on Speed 7. Scrape down the sides.
2. Add coconut oil and curry powder. Saute 3 mins, Varoma, Speed 1.
3. Add cubed kumara and chop 4 secs, Speed 7.
4. Cook 2 mins, Varoma, Speed 1
5. Add water and stock powder and cook 10 mins, 100°, Speed 1.
6. Add Coconut and or Rice Milk and puree 1 min, Speed 7.
7. Add coconut cream if using and combine 5 secs, Speed 4.
8. Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
Accessories you need
This soup has been a favourite with our family for years. I have adapted it from an Alison Holst cookbook for Vegan diet and Thermomix.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Creamy broccoli leek and ham soup
- Beef Stew just like nans.