- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cm ginger, fresh, peeled
- 1-2 tbsp oil or ghee, I use Coconut Oil
- 300 g Carrots, roughly chopped, approx 6 carrots
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1.5 tsp curry powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 100 g quinoa (rinsed well)
- 500 g water
- 2 tbsp TM Veg Stock Concentrate
- 150 g Coconut Milk or Cream
- coconut cream, from top of can
1. Place onion, garlic, and ginger In TM bowl and chop 2s / s7
2. Scrape down sides of bowl and add oil. Saute 3min / 100d / s1
3. Add carrots and chop 4s / s7.
4. Rinse quinoa well and add to bowl.
5. Add celery pieces, water, stock concentrate, curry powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
6. Cook 15min / Varoma / s2 or until the quinoa is tender.
7. Once cooked, add coconut cream/milk and mix by slowly bringing the speed dial up from 1 - 9. Blend for 1 min / s9
8. Place in serving bowls and add coriander and a dollop of coconut cream to garnish.
Can be served straight away as a soup. If left for more than 1 hour, will be more like a dahl consistency. Lovely with some added nutmeg and fresh chili for a hotter version!
Recipe converted from www.balancedplatter.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caramel slice (no bake filling from scratch in Thermomix)
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Light rye bread
- No Bake Fudge Brownie - Paleo, GF, Sugar Free, Grain Free
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Halawet El Jibn (Sweet Cheese Dessert)
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- 'Dorito-esk' Seasoning Shake
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon