- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 --- onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon gound tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 200 grams red lentils
- 300 grams coconut cream
- 600 grams water
- 2 heaped teaspoon TM veg stock paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch salt & peper
- sprigs fresh coriander
8Recipe is created for
1) Place garlic and onion into mixing bowl and chop 4 secs/speed 4.
Scrape down sides of bowl
2) Add olive oil, saute 3 mins/100'/speed 1
3) Add spices, saute 2 mins/100'/speed 1
4) Add lentils, coconut cream, water, veg stock paste and lemon juice. Place steaming basket on lid. Cook 7 mins/100'/speed 1.
5) Cook a further 25 mins/80'/speed 1. Place steaming basket on lid.
6) Season to your taste.
7) Serve over brown rice or mashed potato. Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh coriander.
Add 150g crushed tomato at step 4 as a variation of this soup.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower & Wild Rice Soup
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese