THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 Red Chillies
- 1 onion, halved
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 lemongrass stalks, white part only
- 50 grams raw cashews
- 2 teaspoons Tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Rapadura or brown sugar (optional)
- 2 heaped teaspoons laksa paste
- 1 can Ayam coconut cream
- 700 grams water
- 1 tablespoon TM veg stock paste
- 1 tablespoon chives (snipped)
- 100 grams Cooked shredded chicken, See tips for options
- 100 grams Cooked rice (Optional)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Dry roast cumin, paprika, ground coriander and turmeric for 1-2 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1 (or until fragrant).
- Add all other ingredients and process for 20 seconds, Speed 5. Scrape and repeat until paste-like.
Add all ingredients and heat for 8-10 minutes, 90 degrees, reverse , speed soft .
Note - if using rice and it has just been cooked and still hot, no need to reheat, simply add to bowls and top with soup. This is my preferred method.
This is a great recipe to use up leftover cooked rice or chicken. To shred chicken, steam until cooked in basket or varoma, and then shred on reverse speed 4-5 for around 3 seconds. Green prawns can also be used instead of chicken.
Leftover paste can be frozen in portions for a quick, easy meal.
**Delicious served with a chilled chardonnay
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Creamy broccoli leek and ham soup
- Beef Stew just like nans.