- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cloves whole
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic
- 300 grams red lentils thoroughly washed and drained
- 2 cans tomatoes chopped
- 200 grams sweet potato peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp TM vegetable stock concentrate
- water to TM bowl up to the 2 litre mark
- 2 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar, or to taste
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, or to taste
- salt to taste
8Recipe is created for
Place cumin, coriander, mustard seeds and cloves into TM bowl and dry roast for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 1. Set bowl aside to cool. When cool mill for 2 minutes on speed 8. Take out and set aside.
Place onion and garlic into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7.
Add oil and sauté for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 1.
Add spices and sauté for a further 2 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 1.
Add lentils, tomatoes, sweet potato, stock and water. Cook for 20 minutes at 100 degrees on reverse and speed 1.
Check that sweet potato is cooked to your liking. Add apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and salt and cook for a further 2 minutes at 100 degrees on reverse and speed 1.
Serve and garnish with freshly chopped coriander and natural yoghurt to taste.
(adapted from “The Food Coach” Judy Davie)
You can vary the quantity of water and lentils in this dish according to taste and consistency. I have used as much as 380g of lentils and as little as 200g of lentils.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Three cup duck tongue
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings
- Nonna’s Spaghetti Sauce