- 1 chicken
- 1.5-2 litres water
- 1 onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic, optional
- 2 cm ginger, optional
- 2 heaped tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- 420 g canned sweet corn kernels, drained
- 420 g canned creamed corn
- 60 g rice or macaroni
- shallots, sliced for garnish
- pepper, ground
1h 45minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- add onion, garlic, ginger to mixing bowl, chop for 3 sec/ sp 7.
- add 20mL oil to bowl, saute 3min/100deg/sp 1
- add 1L water and 2 T vegetable stock paste to the bowl. Place the whole chicken into varoma dish, season with salt and pepper. Put the varoma dish in place on mxing bowl lid.
- cook chicken ~20-30min per 500g/ varoma/sp 1. Turn chicken halway through cooking, ensure at least 500mL water remains in the mixing bowl.
- ~ 10min before end of cooking time, add enough water to the stock to equal 1.5L liquid in the bowl, add rice or macaroni and tins of corn, continue cooking varoma/sp 1
- add desired amount of steamed chicken to the soup, serve garnished with fresh herbs and shallots.
add extra vegetables with the corn.
allow to cool overnight and skim fat from soup.
shred chicken in mixing bowl, 7sec/rev/sp 4, use in wraps, sandwiches etc
steam extra vegetables in the varoma dish with the chicken, allow ~ 15minutes
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna